64-bit version of Gpg4win

Hello, I noticed that Gpg4win is currently 32-bit x86 only. Are there any plans for a 64-bit version? I would greatly appreciate it.

In general I try to run native software whenever possible, so I’d rather run x86_64 version of Gpg4win on my x86_64 machine instead of the 32-bit x86 version. Additionally, on Windows for ARM, 64-bit x86 can be emulated much faster than 32-bit x86, and I’d like to run Gpg4win on there too.

Also, this is kind of niche and not my use case but it’s worth mentioning: 32-bit software is not usable on some modern Windows systems such as Windows Nano Server.

Hi Aaron,

so far a 64bit version of all of Gpg4win not necessary. It would just complicate our build and testing procedures for very little gain. Of course we are open to arguments (and potentially help).

I am not sure about ARM (if this is used somewhere) and Windows Nano,
maybe you can expand if and why the are useful targets for Gpg4win and why the current builds are not working on them.

Best Regards,
Bernhard

I would like to explain why I need a 64-bit version of Gpg4win for my project.

Here are some reasons:

• Qt6.6.1, the latest version of the popular cross-platform framework, has dropped support for 32-bit and only supports 64-bit and ARM architectures4.

• linking you libraries works only with cmake -G "Visual Studio 17 2022".

• I’m unable to wrap your project inside x64 library of mine because setting cmake to SHARE will not link the gnupg x86.

I link your project with

if (WINDOWS)
    # Create an IMPORTED target for the libgpgmepp6-6 DLL
    add_library(libgpgmepp6-6 SHARED IMPORTED)
    # Set the location of the DLL file
    set_target_properties(libgpgmepp6-6 PROPERTIES
    IMPORTED_LOCATION "C:/Program Files (x86)/Gpg4win/bin_64/libgpgmepp6-6.dll"
    )
    # Set the location of the .imp file
    IMPORTED_IMPLIB "C:/Program Files (x86)/Gpg4win/lib/libgpgme.imp"
    )
    # Set the include directories for the IMPORTED target
    INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES "C:/Program Files (x86)/Gpg4win/include"
    )