Kleopatra - multiple certificates management

Hi all.
I am looking for help about managing more certificates on the same installation of Kleopatra on our task server.
At the moment, I have Kleopatra up and running on SERVER1 with a single certificate to decrypt files we download from one bank.
I also have Kleopatra up and running on SERVER2 with a single certificate to decrypt files we download from another bank.
I need to dismiss SERVER2 and so I need to transfer the second certificate to SERVER1.
Which is the right migration procedure to follow ?
Can a Kleopatra installation manage more certificates ?
Thanks in advance for your support.
Marco

Hi all.
What do you think about having (as a company) a unique pair of public-private keys to distribute externally to all the counterparties we need to exchange encrypted files with ?
Could this be a valid workaround for our needs ?
Thanks in advance for your support.
Marco

Hi Marco,

it is possible to manage several key-pairs and identities in one installation.
(Technically the key-pairs are kept in the crypto engine, which is GnuPG. The selection which key-pair to use, is a combination of the frontend and the crypto engine and their configurations.)

To be able to use a key-pair on a different machine, you need to export the the private key from the first machine, transfer it and import it again on the second machine. Also with the corresponding public key, but the secret key
is the more important part of the operation.

It is a common usage that “functional” OpenPGP key-pairs are used, and thus one public key is distributed to several communication partners for encryption (or for checking a signature).
“Functional” means that the key-pair belongs to a group, and usually with an email address that marks this like security-team@example.com.

(Naturally, the handling of the key-pair, especially the private key, needs operational guidelines in the organisation.)

Best Regards,
Bernhard