[Build] runtime library libwinpthread-1.dll not found

Hi,

I restarted my GPG4Win building VM to update my package from 2.3.0 to 2.3.3.

This VM is based on Debian Wheezy (7.11) and used to work fine for 2.3.0. However, whenever I run “./autogen.sh --build-w32”, I now get the following error and the configure stops :
----------------------------------------8<----------------------------------------
configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
configure: Using /usr/lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.6/libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll to provide libgcc_s_sjlj-1
configure: Using /usr/lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.6/libstdc+±6.dll to provide libstdc+±6
configure: error: can not find the runtime library libwinpthread-1.dll in the default locations.
Use the --with-libwinpthread-1 option to set the path directly.
----------------------------------------8<----------------------------------------

Indeed, I can’t find that file on the system, so I can’t use the “–with-libwinpthread-1” option.

Is there something I missed ?

Hi Olivier,

This was a mistake made when backporting a change from master (which requires jessie and on jessie mingw requires winpthread).

I’ve only noticed this after tagging 2.3.3 because I had a winpthread in my build directory before.
The fix is:
http://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gpg4win.git;a=commit;h=140c45e243bda9b8d03e6e9738f03448d18464e0

alternatively you can do ./autogen.sh --build-w32 --with-libwinpthread-1=/dev/null as a workaround.

Sorry for the Problem!

Regards,
Andre

Fine, it’s now working with the workaround.

Thank you.