Forum: Gpg4win 2.1.0 released

Posted by: Emanuel Schütze
Date: 2011-03-15 16:01
Summary: Gpg4win 2.1.0 released
Project: gpg4win

Content:

We are pleased to announce the availability of the new stable Gpg4win release: Version 2.1.0.
The download is available via the new gpg4win website:

http://www.gpg4win.org/download.html

See the README file for details:
http://ftp.gpg4win.org/README-2.1.0.en.txt
http://ftp.gpg4win.org/README-2.1.0.de.txt
Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
Samsung 3D [ Reply ]
By: samsung3d123 rj on 2011-05-06 10:12
[forum:2092]

Transform your television watching with a Samsung PN50C490 and get more of the visuals you are looking for with this fantastic 3D TV. 3D for many years was restricted to movie screen and IMAX theatres, but now you can get the same effect on a new Samsung PN50C490 Plasma TV set.

The Samsung PN50C490 50" 720p Plasma 3D HDTV gives a great picture for all of your shows. The 3D version just makes watching television a little more spectacular. Gets the full effect of the sea creature coming out of the water like never before. Jump at the sound of an action packed scene that seems as if it is right there in you living room with the Samsung 3D TV way of watching television.

The Samsung PN50C490 is compatible with stylish 3D glasses like the Samsung SSG-2100AB 3D glasses. Experience Samsung PN50C490 right in your very home and enjoy your favorite movie with the 3D effect.

While this screen is not true HD (1080p), the 720p resolution is more then enough to satisfy the casual movie watcher and is fantastic for current generation video game consoles. This Samsung 3D TV is currently priced at an astonishingly low $1000 at most retailers, which makes it a greal deal if you want to try out the 3D TV technology. This TV set also has 3 HDMI ports, a USB port, support for picture in picture and a USB port.

Samsung is one of the best known brands on the market developing television technology that continues to create a stir in home entertainment. Step into a creative way of watching television. Watch great color with a picture so unique it is hard to believe this kind of quality is that affordable. There is no reason to go to the theater just to get a quality movie picture. Now you can sit at home and enjoy a picture quality that was once only available in movie venues.

On this television, your video games are better than ever. With the 600 Hz subfield motion, which provides a very fast refresh rate, the color, the clarity and the fun will be like never before.

The Samsung LED 8000 delivers the pure thrill of 3D amusement, connectivity that enhances your life, and visually beautiful picture quality. Action leaps off the screen with advanced 3D technology, for a truly immersive viewing experience. SAMSUNG SMART TV lets you get united to the best of the web, right on your HDTV, with downloadable and customizable widgets - and coming soon, Samsung apps. Connect with friends, allocate pictures, shop online and more. Innovative LED backlight processing delivers HD on a new level of enjoyment, with the greatest range of vital contrast and rich, bright color. Breathtaking ultra-slim design adds sleek versatileness, while an elegant Touch of Color bezel accent brings both new colors and textures to your d?cor. It takes entertainment further than ever before.

Some former reviews on similar 3D TV's were discontented about stray lights coming from the corner of the television set. This was said about the Samsung C7000 model from online reviews. We examined while watching the HD feed on Time Warner Cable, Blu-ray's from the PS3, Blu-Ray's from the Samsung 3D Blu-Ray player, watching at night, during the day, corner lights from the 3D TV doesn't seem to be an problem!
This TV looks just fascinating. It has a very dark black screen. It looks as alluring turned off as it does on. Brilliant ultra slim depth - includes a tuner. I was nervous about the brush metal look, exclusive touch of color design combines texture and color that can aggregate any room.

The picture clarity looks incredible, cutting-edge technology lets you enjoy clear image details, natural skin tones, superior shadow detail, and vibrant colors. It's as if I'm discovering HD for the first time! This 55 inches 3DTV has vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution. As with all new LED sets with 240 Hz, there is a bit of the Spanish Soap Opera/Home Video look to it. Some people really desire this, some people don't. I really like it. For those of you that don't, you can always turn this detail down or off. To me this makes the picture look very clear and it makes it stand out from the other sets.

Turning the 3D feature on and combining the glasses was easy. The intro to Monsters v. Aliens was very divine. The opening scene in outer space looked incredible. The ball tied to a paddle part was comical and kind of made me jump a little. I haven't spent too much time with 3D but I did notice that there were some scenes in the movie that had a double image while wearing the glasses. It doesn't occur a lot, but it is inconspicuous. You can see this right away during the church scene at the commencement of the movie. It was a little annoying. I'm hoping that this is the kind of stuff that gets ironed out with a firmware update, or as more content is released, they learn to adjust it.

We've tried a few apps but our favorite by far is the Pandora application. Being a big fan of Pandora , this app was actually exceptional on the 3D TV than online or on the iPhone. The only thing we disliked was that Samsung did not have Wifi built in. I think pricing this set at the $3000+ mark should be enough to include it with the set and not require us to drop another $80 for the USB adapter. We just hardwired it, but that's another wire you wouldn't have to deal with.

We wanted to bring up that this set allows you to connect an USB external hard drive and play music, photos and movies directly from the HDD. We have a Western Digital 320GB Passport filled with movies and music, and I was able to navigate the files structure in the drive using the remote quite easily. And it played all the files formats we threw at it.

Overall we were very convinced with the Samsung UN55C8000, this 3D TV is a definite 5 stars to the average Joe!