Forum: help

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: Initializing GnuPG [ Reply ]
By: Bernhard Reiter on 2010-02-05 16:48
[forum:1803]
Good that you've made progress. I do not understand your wish about invalid or valid regarding send emails.

RE: Initializing GnuPG [ Reply ]
By: Anabela de Oliveira on 2010-02-04 23:08
[forum:1802]
Ok, I think I've got it with Enigmail. Problem is I would need my correspondents to go through the process of creating keys too, and that's not likely to happen. Wish there were some more automated sort of way to distinguish between validly sent and invalidly sent emails.

Initializing GnuPG [ Reply ]
By: Anabela de Oliveira on 2010-02-04 18:10
[forum:1801]
I downloaded and installed the windows version of the program (excluding Outlook plugin) and am trying to initialize GnuPG, without any luck. I use the Mozilla suite (Thunderbird and Firefox). Am I not able to get started. Is this b/c I'm my OS is Vista? Is there a workaround. In the OpenPGP Preferences window, how do I reply to the following?

"Your system uses gpg-agent or a similar tool for passphrase handling (gpg-agent is mandatory if GnuPG v2.0 or later is used). Since caching of passphrases is handled by gpg-agent, the respective timeout settings in OpenPGP are disregarded. In order to change passphrase caching options, please configure your gpg-agent tool."

Thanks!