Forum: open-discussion

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: Suggestion for new features. [ Reply ]
By: Timo Schulz on 2007-02-09 10:06
[forum:904]
This might not be a vista problem.

In general the "current window" mode is a feature with some problems. It works great on some machines but almost never on others.

The problem with the clipboard...WinPT _is_ a clipboard tool and thus it's hard to avoid it. There is currently no easy way to clear the clipboard every time it is needed because the program can't figure out when...

By: q q on 2007-02-06 01:21
[forum:894]
2) OK, I see. With Vista 64bit notepad is not handling the pasting part of the "encrypt window" command.

1) In the PGP inc system, the decrypted text is displayed in an "internal" text viewer, not the clipboard viewer (in Vista 64 the clipboard is not resizable, and also depends on the data being in the clipboard). I guess I feel somewhat uncomfortable with the fact that the decrypted info stays in the clipboard (ex: when i am chatting with a friend I don't want sensitive data to go them by accident).

Anyway thanks for the work you've put into this project. It is definitely helpful/necessary/appreciated in the face of PGPinc.

Krzysztof

By: Timo Schulz on 2007-02-05 16:48
[forum:892]
It is still _active_.

1) already available "show plaintext in text viewer"
2) also done: current window.

I would suggest to use WinPT for some time and maybe also read the PDF docs to find out what is possible and what not. I'm glad to get any feedback and also feature requests.

Suggestion for new features. [ Reply ]
By: q q on 2007-02-05 13:53
[forum:888]
I'm not sure if this project is still being actively developed. If it is, may I presume that to suggest the following improvements:

1) Dependancy on clipboard is not necessarily a good thing. Perhaps it would be better to show decrypted text in an internal text viewer, as is done with PGP incorporated.

2) Automatic paste of encrypted text in place of clear text being encrypted.

Regards,
Krzysztof