Forum: help

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: Encrypt into Zip (WinPT) zip function err [ Reply ]
By: Donald Tabone on 2007-01-30 07:52
[forum:868]
Hi Alan,

Yes it in fact did work for me. Just tried moments ago. No problem. After you click and drag the files in the File Manager, a CTRL-A won't work. Using SHIFT+DOWN ARROW you can select them all and Encrypt into ZIP. The contents of the window then change to 1 encrypted file.

Hope this helps.

By: Alan Chan on 2007-01-29 19:02
[forum:866]
Hi all, I upgrade to version 1.2.0. I tried the drag and drop again..

The 'Encrypt into zip' function works for a single file but when I add multiple files and do a select all creates a zip file that is unreadable for all files except the first file. Very weird.

Donald, did you try the 'Encrypt into zip' function on multiple files?

Kind Regards

By: Donald Tabone on 2007-01-29 16:59
[forum:865]
Thanks for the tip Timo. For the benefit if all here's a quick <a href="http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~twoaday/index.html"Link</a>

By: Timo Schulz on 2007-01-27 19:15
[forum:857]
FYI, you should update to WinPT 1.2.0 if possible. I don't think it will fix your problem, but it contains a lot of bug fixes for various minor problems.

By: Donald Tabone on 2007-01-24 08:08
[forum:856]
Hi Alan -- you might try out the software from pgp
http://www.pgp.com/products/netshare/index.html

Other than that when reproducing your scenario i don't get any errors with version 1.0.5 (WinPT 0.12.3)

Rgds,
D.

By: Alan Chan on 2007-01-23 15:01
[forum:854]
Hi Donald,

thanks for the advice. I tried gpg4win 1.0.5 and it still returns me with the same error message.

I tried gpgshell and it works on multiple files which is great but I cannot specify a folder.

What I want to do is be able to encrypt a folder with sub-folders and files. Retain the folder structure but have the same folder structure and encrypted files located on a separate location to the source files.

What would you recommend?

Thanks.

Cheers

By: Donald Tabone on 2007-01-23 11:35
[forum:853]
Might i suggest you stick with gpg4win 1.0.5 and replace the gpg.exe version with version 1.4.6 due to security issues. I've tried what you mention in yr email and it works fine with the aforementioned config. Personally although there are issues with 1.0.5, i found it to be functional. alternatively google for gpgshell.

Encrypt into Zip (WinPT) zip function error [ Reply ]
By: Alan Chan on 2007-01-23 11:02
[forum:852]
Hi All,

I am using the WinPT application for the first time and the 'Encrypt into Zip' feature in the 'File Manager' seems error out when I try to unzip the the file.

I can drag the files and folders in the 'File Manager' window. Then run the 'Encrypt into Zip' function from the 'File' menu. I then get a '.zip.pgp' file output. I then decrypt the file as a '.zip' file. However, when I try to extract the files from the zip file I receive an 'Error in file £2: bad Zip file offset' error message.

Has anyone encountered this problem and/or know of a solution?

Many thanks in advance.

cheers,
Alan