Forum: open-discussion

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: Remove photoID [ Reply ]
By: Timo Schulz on 2006-12-24 10:59
[forum:817]
The code to select the proper photo ID is not perfect. Actually it should base on the status and the timestamp. I will try to fix ASAP.

By: attila flagellodidio on 2006-12-18 12:12
[forum:805]
I'm sorry but I have another problem to summit to you.
I put in my test key a PhotoID; due that I'm waiting for your reference to how to remove it, I try to change it.
No problem: with the Add PhotoID WinPT ask me the password and let me choose another image (but the image was not beautifull so I repeated the same procedure another way).
So I have "imported" 3 images the least one was the right definitive one!
Then I submit my new public key to keyserver.
When I try to import my test key from the keyserver Winpt show only the first (the oldest one!!) picture and not the 3th!
I think because the 1st and the 2nd wasn't revoked!
There is a particular procedure to follow?
Thanks.

By: attila flagellodidio on 2006-12-18 10:28
[forum:804]
Julian Tosh says:
"The photos are stored as sub keys, but not visilbe under the key edit feature of WPT... you'll have to use the command line to remove the subkey."
but Timo Schulz says:
"Currently you have to open the key-edit dialog to see ALL keys."

I'm using WinPT 1.2.0 but like Julian Tosh says I'm not able to visualize the photo sub key.
Where I'm going wrong? What I have to do to see the photo subkey in the WinPT window?

By: Timo Schulz on 2006-12-17 17:45
[forum:802]
Currently you have to open the key-edit dialog to see all keys. I agree it would be better to list them in the main Key Manager window but because PGP invented its own control to combine a listview+tree there is no easy way to replicate this behaviour.

I would need to write a new control from scratch. And frankly I don't have the time. And I'm not aware of any GPL compatible 'TreeList'-control.

By: attila flagellodidio on 2006-12-13 10:31
[forum:791]
I thank you a lot but I'm very ignorant on command line usage.
I have no skill in software development, but I recognize the importance of the GnuPG project.
Unfortunately GnuPG is command line software and this is the real reason why I have a registerd copy of Pretty Good Privacy... I'm not able to use GnuPG via command line!!!

BUT is for security reason that I don't trust in proprietary software, so I searched a lot for a valuable front-end until I found Winpt Projet.
Now I use it every day, but it is surely improvable.

My purpose is to contribute somehow at the project (translating to italian, or testing the software, or with suggestion to improve Winpt).

If someone agree my offer please call me!

Can I suggest the developer to make all subkeys visible in the next version?
It was surely great also have the visibility of the list of signature in the main windows directly as indented dependency of the keys (just like PGP) instead of going in the key menu - list signatures and having them in a separate window... also have a "Group" function for grouping the key would be usefull.
Thanks

By: Julian Tosh on 2006-12-12 03:54
[forum:774]
I believe this will help you:

http://www.perturb.org/display/entry/609/

The photos are stored as sub keys, but not visilbe under the key edit feature of WPT... you'll have to use the command line to remove the subkey.

Hope that helps!

Julian

Remove photoID [ Reply ]
By: attila flagellodidio on 2006-12-11 15:53
[forum:759]
There is a function to completely remove a photoID?