Forum: help-en

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: Gpg 4 Win Problem when encrypting a file [ Reply ]
By: Paul Benson on 2021-01-28 16:51
[forum:7669]
You do know you can use the Windows command line to encrypt or decrypt files with gpg if Kleopatra throws a moody fit?

By: Mateusz Serwa on 2021-01-26 14:09
[forum:7663]
Thank you very much, this solution helped.

By: Andre Heinecke on 2021-01-26 14:03
[forum:7662]
Hi,

the last versions were affected by an issue in one our used libraries. The file you are trying to encrypt is on a network share and you have not mounted this network share.

I have just fixed this issue today https://dev.gnupg.org/T5216 and it will be fixed in the next release. In the meantime you need to either assign a drive letter to the network share or copy it locally before encrypting.

Best Regards,
Andre

Gpg 4 Win Problem when encrypting a file [ Reply ]
By: Mateusz Serwa on 2021-01-26 14:00
[forum:7661]
Hello!

I am just trying for the first time to use Gpg4Win to encrypt some files. I've generated a pair of keyes and now every time I am trying to encrypt any file I got the following problem:
1. First, it says "The file already exists. Overwrite?" This is despite the fact that there is no such file anywhere on the computer and despite renaming the file.
2. Then, if I press "Overwrite" or "Overwrite all" it says: "Sign/encrypt failed. Kleopatra: Could not remove file "............." for overwriting.: Input/output error (218136625).
On the other hand, if I press cancel it says: "Sign/encrypt canceled. Kleopatra: Overwriting declined: Operation cancelled (218103907)".

So I cannot get any files encrypted. Do you have any solution to this problem?

I would like to add that the same problem appears after uninstalling and installing Gpg4Win again, as well as it happens on other computers.