Forum: help-en

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: Error with right-click > Sign and Encrypt [ Reply ]
By: Les Dee on 2021-01-29 10:45
[forum:7673]
Thank you. I'll keep an eye open for the update.

RE: Error with right-click > Sign and Encrypt [ Reply ]
By: Bernhard Reiter on 2021-01-29 08:43
[forum:7671]
Hi Les Dee,
this sounds a lot like a problem caused by https://dev.gnupg.org/T5216
and thus should be fixed with the next release.

Regards,
Bernhard

RE: Error with right-click > Sign and Encrypt [ Reply ]
By: Les Dee on 2021-01-15 12:31
[forum:7634]
The data is on my server and I access it from file Explorer as:

\\server\xx\yyyy\zzzz

Then right-click on one of the files in the list.

I just tried it using a mapped drive letter (Z:\xx\yyy) and it was fine.

RE: Error with right-click > Sign and Encrypt [ Reply ]
By: Bernhard Reiter on 2021-01-15 08:23
[forum:7633]
Hi Les,
thanks for reporting.

What find of network drive are you using?
(The next step is to reproduce this for developers, so they can work on a fix.)

So the problem seems to have been introduced with 3.1.12, the changelog lists a couple of changes in the area of file names and file name suggestions.

Best,
Bernhard





Error with right-click > Sign and Encrypt [ Reply ]
By: Les Dee on 2021-01-15 02:48
[forum:7630]
This problem started for me with v13 and I had to go back to v11. I have now tried v15 and still get the same error, so I thought it worth reporting.

Right-click on a csv file > Sign and encrypt > I select 'Encrypt for others' and click Sign/Encrypt

It pops up a message "The file ......csv.gpg already exists. Overwrite?"

(The encrypted file did NOT exist before I started this process)

I click 'Overwrite' and get error

"Kleopatra: Could not remove file "//server....csv.gpg" for overwriting.: Input/output error (218136625)"

Checking, I find that the encrypted file actually exists with what looks like a random text suffix. I remove that and decrypt the file and it is all OK.

While documenting the above I noticed that I was encrypting a file on the network. So I tried again with a local file and that work fine.

So it looks like a permission issue with a network file. But I have full permissions on the file and folder in question. And v11 works fine. So this is not really a permissions issue but some bug.