Forum: OpenVAS-Client 2.0.3 released
Content:The OpenVAS developers are happy to announce the release of openvas-client
2.0.3. This is the third maintenance release of the openvas-client module for
the Open Vulnerability Assessment System (OpenVAS) 2.0-series.
It fixes some issues discovered after the release of openvas-client
2.0.2 and introduces the new "Severity Override" Feature.
This feature allows for example to maintain a list of false positives
and apply it to subsequent scans. This works like a filter
and thus the actual scan results remain untouched and can at any
time be recovered.
Code audit continued and a number of obsolete, unused and/or
unnecessary functions were identified and removed.
Effects when installing this version:
* The version requirement for the GTK+ library has been raised from 2.4 to 2.6
to make sure all GTK+ functions used by OpenVAS-Client are indeed available.
GTK+ 2.6 was released in December 2004, so all modern distributions should
include at least this version.
Main changes since 2.0.2:
* A Severity Override Manager has been added, including right-mouse-button actions
in the report to specific severity overrides easily. The original scan results
will never be changed, so it is safe to test the severity overrides.
* A new "Extras" menu has been added and collects all "managers":
The LSC Credentials Manager, the Severity Override Manager and
the SLAD Install Manager.
* A bug which caused the client complain about missing files when starting a
scan on a fresh installation has been fixed.
* A bug which caused OpenVAS-Client not to be placed in the correct menu on
certain distributions has been fixed (relevant for packagers).
* OpenVAS-Client is now able to remember more than one server certificate.
Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this release: Tim Brown, Laban
Mwangi, Vlatko Kosturjak, Jan-Oliver Wagner, Michael Wiegand and Felix