Create attached signatures and combine multiple signatures

The Windows shell extension creates detached signatures.
It also overwrites a signature file instead of offering to append to it.
Is there a way to create an attached signature, like command-line gpg ordinarily does?

At work, we sometimes need multiple people to sign a document.
Concatenating detached signatures into a single file creates a file with multiple signatures that gpg understands.
However, my coworkers aren’t tech savvy and will have problems using the command line.
Is there a way for them to add their signature to a signed file through the extension?

If these features aren’t available, what is the best way to make feature requests?

The Windows shell extension creates detached signatures.
It also overwrites a signature file instead of offering to append to it.

This is not really the Shell Extension. It’s the UI Server (GPA or Kleopatra) that does this. Have you tried if GPA behaves differently? I only know Kleo and yes she will only ask you to Overwrite or Cancel.

I guess for your usecase you would want an “append” option in the confirmation dialog.

Is there a way to create an attached signature, like command-line gpg ordinarily does?

I think not. (I do not know a way)

At work, we sometimes need multiple people to sign a document.
Concatenating detached signatures into a single file creates a file with multiple
signatures that gpg understands.
However, my coworkers aren’t tech savvy and will have problems using the command > line.
Is there a way for them to add their signature to a signed file through the extension?

You can basically write your own “Right click menu” extensions. ( http://www.howtogeek.com/107965/how-to-add-any-application-shortcut-to-windows-explorers-context-menu/ ) If your usecase is specific this might just be the way to go.

If these features aren’t available, what is the best way to make feature requests?

Feel free to file this as a feature request with a description of your usecase at bugs.kde.org component kleopatra or to add this to the http://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win/Wishlist I think an option in the overwrite dialog “Append output to existing file” might be useful. (Although it complicates things :confused: )

Regards,
Andre

Have you tried if GPA behaves differently?
I tried this a few days ago.
The context-menu commands to sign/verify/encrypt entirely disappear when I replace Kleopatra with GPA (after uninstallation and reinstallation of gpg4win), so I can’t test it.
I’m running 64-bit Windows 8.1 update.

Thank you for your quick response.
It escaped my notice until now.
Your information is very helpful, especially the custom context menu extension guide!

I created an entry for this in the Wishlist. I think it is a basic feature and very easy to implement. Seems like nobody has asked for this since 2014?

Hi Luis,

so far the use case has not gotten much attention by users
from my personal observation. Otherwise there may have been something
on the GnuPG mailinglists that I’ve seen. As I do not read all emails there,
it may be an idea to check the mailinglist archive, especially of gnupg-users@
to see if there has been a previous, relevant discussion and link it to the wish.

Best Regards,
Bernhard

Hi Bernhard,

I made a workaround on windows with a context menu configuration (editing the Windows Registry).

this is the Registry file content:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT*\shell\gpg]
@=“Sign File (GPG)”
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT*\shell\gpg\command]
@=“cmd.exe /C gpg -s -b -o - "%1" >> "%1".sig”

This will add a context menu called “Sign File (GPG)” and this will call gpg with options -s (sign) -b (detach signature) -o - (print output to stdout) then the output will be added (>>) to the file_name.sig

This works, but I think the default instalation should address this.

LC