Forum: help

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: exporting private keys w/ GnuPG Shell v1.0 [ Reply ]
By: Bernhard Reiter on 2009-09-14 09:45
[forum:1701]
I do not know much about the GnuPG Shell product, as I am with the Gpg4win team.

Note that you can redirect the result of the command in a new file like gpg2.exe --export-secret-keys >x.secretkey

This should work will all GnuPG systems.

By: P Sanf on 2009-09-11 19:13
[forum:1698]
well that's all fine and good except that it gave me a bunch of gibberish that i can't use and no file that i can import to another front-end.

want i was hoping for was something in the GnuPGShell that would create a file similar to the export public key function

By: Bernhard Reiter on 2009-09-11 06:36
[forum:1696]
When in doubt, use the command line like

gpg2.exe --export-secret-keys

exporting private keys w/ GnuPG Shell v1.0 [ Reply ]
By: P Sanf on 2009-09-11 04:24
[forum:1695]
hello everyone,
i'm new to the whole PGP cryptography concept and i'm trying out various programs for use as GUI front-ends. one thing that i'm having a problem w/ is figuring out how to export a private key that i have generated so i can use it w/ another program (like gpg4usb) to decrypt things that i receive. i'm using vista, and i've tried clicking on Keys --> Secret Keyring on the menu bar, and then selecting my key and clicking the export icon, but it just give me the public key that i need to give other people to allow them to encrypt things they want to send me.

does anyone out there think they might be able to help me w/ exporting my private/secret key?