GPG4WIN does not decrypt SENT messages properly in Outlook

I just installed Ver 3 of GPG4WIN to my Windows 7 (64-bit) PC, with Outlook 2007. Everything worked out fine, except that the same “bug” from Ver 2.28 (my previous edition) still remains:

I compose an email encrypt and sign it, and send it to the recipient.
The SENT message has a copy in the OUTBOX.
When I goto the OUTBOX and click into the sent message, GPG4WIn decrypts the message, even sends out a “successfully decrypted” message. But the result is gibberish - i.e., unreadable.

Would appreciate any tips or advice on this.
Many thanks.

one attachment (screenshot)

GPG4WIN decrypting results in OL.PNG

Hi Ramon,

This indeeds looks like an error in GpgOL :frowning:

But, we have not changed the code for Outlook 2003 / Outlook 2007 in the last three years so yes such a bug would still remain.

Because the code for Outlook 2003 / 2007 is very different from the code for Outlook 2010 and later we have decided to no longer maintain it, as these versions are also no longer maintained / supported by Microsoft. Our current development focuses only on Outlook 2010 and later.

As noted in our README:

• GpgOL for Outlook 2003 and 2007 (deprecated):

Outlook 2003 and 2007 support is deprecated and may be removed in a
    future version.

So, sorry to say, instead of fixing it we might rather remove the Support for your Version in the future.

My suggestion would be to use a maintained mail client for secure messages and crypto. Thunderbird with the Enigmail addon is good and works with the Keys / Keymanagement of Gpg4win.