Forum: help-en

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
No Secret Key [ Reply ]
By: Trenton Fleener on 2021-06-03 16:13
[forum:7939]
Hello,

I am trying to decrypt files and I get a message saying no secret key. We are using Open PGP in the gui version. We have a secret key, but we don't know where to enter it.

Kleopatra Issues [ Reply ]
By: Mark W on 2021-01-05 20:04
[forum:7604]
I have a public key in my key ring that had different expiration dates depending on where you look at it. In the built in Open PGP key manager in Thunderbird it says it expires in 2022 but in Kleopatra it says 2027. Also in Kleopatra it shows "E_error" for the strength. I assume that is a bug??

No secret key 2 [ Reply ]
By: Scott mcmahon on 2021-06-05 08:41
[forum:7942]
We have the same problem we backed up our public and private keys - later we tried to load the backup files into kleopatra i.e. pubring-bak.pkr and secring-bak.skr
When we go to decrypt is keeps saying no secret key ? We need to get this working as we have used these keys in our business.

Cannot decrypt using GPGSM - No Secret Key [ Reply ]
By: Themis` Zarotiadis on 2017-07-03 09:57
[forum:4973]
Hi to all,

On a folder I have:
1. a private RSA 2048 key (privatekey.pem)
2. the public key exported form the private key (publickey.pem)
3. the X.509 Certificate (mycert.pem) that is also imported with the command:
gpgsm --import mycert.pem

Also this certificate is listed correctly when I issue command:
gpgsm -k (let's say that the email is ab@ab.com and the CN=AB)

I also have one simple data.txt file containing some text.

When I issue the encrypt command:
gpgsm -r ab@ab.com -o data_enc.txt --armor --encrypt data.txt
I get the encrypted text. Perfect!

But when I try to decrypt, using:
gpgsm -o data_dcr.txt --decrypt data.txt
I get an error:

gpgsm: DBG: recp 0 - issuer: `1.2.840.113549.1.9.1=#747A4065642E636F6D,CN=AB,O=Internet Widgits Pty Ltd,ST=Some-State,C=GR'
gpgsm: DBG: recp 0 - serial: 00A2506CB9E81EB5E8
gpgsm: error decrypting session key: No secret key
gpgsm: decrypting session key failed: No secret key
gpgsm: message decryption failed: No secret key <GpgSM>

Needless to say that
gpgsm --list-secret-keys just returns
C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Roaming\gnupg\pubring.kbx
------------------------------------------------

So the point is, I caannot figure out how to decrypt the file using gpgsm.
Tried also to import privatekey.pem but got "no issuer..." which is normal for the private key...

Also if i use same keys private, public to encrypt/decrypt using OpenSSL (same x.509) everything works fine.

Thank you all in advance for any answers.
Themis

Lookup on Server - not returning any data [ Reply ]
By: John Arnold on 2021-05-27 18:18
[forum:7929]
I am trying Lookup on Server for signing.authority@iohk.io. Nothing is returned. I am not sure how to troubleshoot this. I am running on Win10. I have also tried turning off the firewalls to make sure nothing was blocked. Any help is appreciated--I am new to this tool.

CertUtil: -hashfile command FAILED using CMD windows [ Reply ]
By: Gwen Fargo on 2021-05-10 06:34
[forum:7883]

I downloaded Gpg4win and wanted to authenticate if everything was legit during download so I used the following below in windows 8.1 command prompt:

C:\Users\mycomputer\Downloads>certutil -hashfile gpg4win-3.1.13.exe sha256
CertUtil: -hashfile command FAILED: 0x80070002 (WIN32: 2 ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)
CertUtil: The system cannot find the file specified.

I can open Gpg4win on my desktop fine.

GPG Using batch [ Reply ]
By: phil phil on 2021-05-06 20:25
[forum:7874]
Trying to find out how to get bat file to work. I am trying to encrypt a folder that as a few files in it. I am using cmd, when I run the command/bat file it keeps asking to use key (y/n), I want it to say yes, I thought the using the --yes would work but cant seem to find the correct order or correct command structure.

tried a few different options
gpg --batch --yes -r ps_ua --encrypt-files *.txt ---errors with unusable public key

gpg --no-batch --yes -r crypto.ual.com --encrypt-files *.txt ---asks for y/n

gpg --no-batch -r crypto.ual.com --encrypt-files *.txt --asks for y/n

gpg -r crypto.ual.com --multifile --encrypt --yes *.txt --yes --asks for y/n

anyone have little guidance/pointers?

application for android or ios [ Reply ]
By: rafasg2016 Souza on 2021-04-07 02:26
[forum:7851]
Good morning, I wanted to ask if you have an application for android or ios to open the files encrypted by gpg4win? If so, what would it be?

Tool to limit the number of assumptions for encryption keys [ Reply ]
By: rafasg2016 Souza on 2021-04-05 01:46
[forum:7835]
Good Morning
I had a doubt and wanted to ask for help from you; Gpg4win has the option to encrypt files and folders, I was wondering if it has a feature that limits the attempt to enter the password, to avoid brute force attacks, like in ATMs, where when you make a mistake you have to wait 24 hours before trying again. I use a program called Glaryssoft for encryption and it has this feature of limiting attempts, the only bad thing is that it uses the Blowfish protocol, I haven't seen it well on the internet.

Thanks

Tool to limit the number of assumptions for encryption keys - part 2 [ Reply ]
By: rafasg2016 Souza on 2021-04-06 03:42
[forum:7847]
Yesterday I asked about limiting the attempt to enter the password as a way to protect an encrypted file, which is a feature of the GlarySoft program, and Bernhard Reiter gave me the answer that After the attacker gets the files on the disk, no application can limit the more attempts, the attacker can simply run multiple instances. I just wanted to know if this tool to limit password attempts would be useless, because even with this feature it would still be possible to execute a dictionary attack or brute force?

Help to encrypt multiple files by command line [ Reply ]
By: leandro ocampos on 2019-12-03 16:27
[forum:6891]
I have a script to automate files, but when I want to encrypt several I get the error:
use: gpg [options] --encrypt [filename]
I can only encrypt from one file, could someone solve this problem?
The line I use is IN BATCH:
gpg.exe --trust-model always --encrypt --recipient myPublickey "path file"

can you give me a hand?

Windows Smart Screen blocks Kleopatra & gnupg command line functionality [ Reply ]
By: BRAC C on 2021-03-30 09:32
[forum:7811]

Screenshot 2021-03-30 14-18-15.png (14) downloads
Hello,

I have the latest version (3.1.15) of GPG4WIN installed on my system. However, since the last few days or so, both Kleopatra and its command line counterpart are blocked by Windows smartscreen for unknown reasons.

Upon lauching Kleopatra you are greeted with the Self Test dialog with one failed test (gpg configuration check). Invoking gpg.exe via command line (as administrator) also fails with "Access denied" message -- apparently by Windows smartscreen. Please see the screenshots attached.

I've tried a reinstall of the gpg4win suite followed by a reboot with no luck. Disabling smartscreen too has little effect. Also, it seems all my stored certificates have been nuked in the process, although I do have a backup.

Any help's appreciated.

Thank you

Decrypting folder without asking for password [ Reply ]
By: rafasg2016 Souza on 2021-04-05 02:06
[forum:7836]
Good Morning

One factor caught my attention, when I encrypt an individual file when I click on decrypt it asks me for the chosen password, when I encrypt a folder and I click on decrypt it already does the process automatically without asking for the password, is this an error or is it normal? How can I configure the program so that the program asks me for a password every time I decrypt a folder?

Thanks

Application Error: The instruction at... The memory could not be read. [ Reply ]
By: josef novak on 2021-03-24 19:46
[forum:7800]

kleopatra error.png (23) downloads
Hello,

I just installed GPG4WIN on Windows 10 Pro x64. Verified using checksum and openpgp signature. Latest gpg4win version - 3.1.15. When I exit Kleopatra I get following error. It happened twice now. I include picture with exact error message!

Thanks for help.

Newer Messages Older Messages